Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update from 8-9 Meeting



The above photos are of the completed 6-wheel drive train that I've been working on. I plan on adding gripping on the middle traction wheel so that they are level with the omni-wheels.
Before I add the tower+claw from the other drive, I plan on prototyping a 6 bar linkage and a roller claw. (not necessarily together)

Another member of the team has been working on a drive to support his mechanism. (the c-shaped drive in the video below) The drive was made from a failed holonomic base that was attempted beforehand.
Disclaimer: this base is not to be confused with the other C-Drive/Bracket Drive that I've made.




Our h-drive has also been tested recently.
The video (below) show how the mechanism works. The other members plan on adding support to the mechanism to prevent the shaky behavior when moving. Linear actuators will also be added so that the mechanism can reach the 30" goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment